Our mission is threefold:
- To Prevent. We are helping to prevent toxic stress by raising national awareness among those who have the power to make a difference – from parents to pediatricians to politicians.
- To Screen. We screen all kids who walk through the Center’s doors for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress – and we are making sure pediatricians throughout San Francisco and the country know how to diagnose toxic stress.
- To Heal. We are a national leader in developing the best ways to heal kids experiencing toxic stress.
October 23, 2013: Efforts to address and prevent ACEs are growing. Take a look into the movement at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)'s recent video series on Building Resilience, featuring our CEO Nadine Burke Harris.
In the news:
- NPR's Michigan Radio states, "addressing early childhood adversity can save lives." Read the article or listen to the podcast here: Childhood trauma leads to significant health problems later in life
- We are thrilled to be a part of the launch of Too Small to Fail, a new joint initiative with Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation and Next Generation!
Watch the video featuring our Founder and CEO Dr. Nadine Burke Harris: